Job Position: Accountant
Empowerment of Marginalized communities (EMAC Tanzania) is an NGO which was registered on April 2013. Its head offices are located at Kihonda Morogoro. Its vision is to see a society whereby all the marginalized and disadvantaged women and men are free of poverty; have equal opportunities and access to resources for development and participate fully in poverty eradication and decision making process. Its Mission is to promote the initiative of the marginalized and the disadvantaged women, youth and children to propose sustainable solution for social, economic, political and cultural challenges affecting their lives.
E-mac is seeking for a fervent, steadfast and skilled Accountant within Morogoro to assist in advancing its mission through programs management. Preference shall be given to applicant who is currently residing in Morogoro. Additionally, preference also shall be given to applicant who can commit to work in the organization for a minimum of three (3) months under probation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting and Finance or a related degree
- Experience of not less than two (2) years in Accounting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Interested in Community and rural development
- Report writing skills
- Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel and MS word
- Good command in English and Kiswahili
Mode of Application:
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send their applications before 15 December 2020, enclosing cover letter, detailed CV, the names of at least two referees and their contact details.