POSITION: OFFICE ASSISTANT
LOCATION: E-MAC TANZANIA HEAD OFFICE, NGARAMTONI-KILIMAMOTO AREA
WORKDAYS: MONDAY TO FRIDAY
E-MAC TANZANIA AT A GLANCE
E-mac Tanzania is a registered Non-Governmental Organization with a registration number 00NGO/00006226 under the Non-Governmental Organizations Act 2002, with legal capacity to operate in Tanzania mainland. Emac envisions an empowered community with sustainable well-being. Its’ mission is to empower marginalized communities including women and girls for well-being through promotion of sustainable initiatives and networking with other like-minded partners. E-mac Tanzania has implemented projects in Morogoro DC, Mvomero DC, Gairo DC, Simanjiro DC, Arusha DC, Arusha CC and Rungwe DC. These programs cover various thematic areas including: Sexual Reproductive Health, HIV, TB, Malaria, Maternal Neonatal and Child Health, WASH, and entrepreneurship, fighting FGM, and life skills.
Achievements of these programs, include but not limited to: 1. Capacity building: to 92 Community Owned Water Supply organisations (COWSOs) leaders and 10 schools’ committees. 2. a total of 10242 population has been reached for Arusha DC and Arusha CC on promotion and awareness creation about Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Menstrual Health Management and a population of 115 has been trained in the campaign to end gender-based violence notably Female Genital Cutting in Simanjiro DC.
E-mac Tanzania has a team of rigorous staff with a clear will to achieve the organization’s mission and currently seeks to add to its list an office assistant. Preferably female, the assistant is expected to generally internalize E-mac’s vision and mission as such upon successfully securing the job, staff will adjust to the busy working environment.
Office assistant is responsible for ensuring that the office functions efficiently and smoothly. In order for this to happen, the office assistant provides clerical, secretarial and administrative support to other employees working in the office. E-MAC’s human resource approach is for every employ to work in the most comfortable and free environment, professionally act in one’s job scope while maintaining harmonious relationship with the rest of staff. Office Assistant will work closely with officers and office managers.
www.emac.or.tz Sustainable Empowerment
(b) Duties Office assistant will execute the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Use personal computer/desk top computers and a host of other office software applications, including word processing, email, and file management tools such as excel.
2. Greet customers or other personnel of the organization by phone, in person, or through electronic media (zoom, Microsoft teams), and e-mail. Assistant will enter data and forward paperwork afterwards.
3. Assess the needs of beneficiaries and provide relevant information concerning the services, procedures, and guidelines of the organization.
(b) Administration, Staff Welfare and Office Tidying
4. Handle requests and transactions, or direct the matter or person to the proper unit or level of authority.
5. Assist in resolving problems and complaints raised by unsatisfied beneficiaries/customers.
6. Prepare files and documents in MS-Word by using predefined templates or by creating them from the scratch.
7. May be asked to make PowerPoint presentations and use databases or Access.
8. Operate office equipment like fax machines, printers and photocopy machines and make copies of various documents as instructed.
9. May act as receiver of mail and correspondence for the work unit.
10. Responsible for opening or reviewing correspondence and determining proper action to be taken.
11. Responsible for unit supplies and inventories, including tracking status and orders. Will make sure every unit has enough supplies and will request when they fall short.
12. File documents; develop and modify filing practices – this includes the usage of electronics in addition to paper records.
13. Coordinate and organize unit activities and functions like meetings; schedule, obtain use of rooms, and set up the rooms and equipment to be used
14. Keep all office rooms, latrines and office surroundings tidy and well kept. Will report immediately any deficit, leakage or damage in the building.
15. Prepare meals for staff. Assistant will prepare and serve 2 meals for staff: Breakfast and Lunch. Will keep an inventory of kitchen ware and make sure all supplies are available.
Preferably but not limited to residents of Arusha, applicants of this job position will possess the following qualifications and skills:
(a) Academic Qualifications Basic
1. A form four or form six leaver
2. Possessing a certificate or diploma in secretarial and office cleaning studies from a NACTE recognized college/institution.
3. Applicant should be between 18 to 35 years of age.
1. Certificate or diploma in culinary and or nutrition studies.
2. On-the-job experience
3. Resident of Arusha.
1. Flexibility and ability to prioritize new tasks as they come in.
2. Interpersonal communication. Should be able to communicate fluently in English and Swahili Languages.
3. Able to manage time.
4. Ability to provide professional customer service.
5. Able to develop desirable client and public relations
6. Must be computer and technological literate. Able to operate tools such as computers, photocopiers, scanners and printers
7. Attentive to details. Assistant will prepare documents that would be shared to public and therefore should be attentive to details avoiding typos for such important documents.
8. Assistant must be very confidential. Important information about the organization is shared through letters and e-mails accessible by assistant.
Successful applicant will be offered a monthly salary based on E-mac’s salary scales.
1. Interested applicants should prepare (on their own) and submit their word-processed CV and Cover Letter detailing their interest to work with e-mac in the post listed. 2. Application should be attached with birth certificate and relevant academic certificates.
1. Prepare one (1) PDF document.
2. The application package should not exceed five (5) pages and size limit of 2 MB
3. Application package with subject/title APPLICATION FOR OFFICE ASSISTANT JOB POST should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org; Cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org .Any application submitted through other means will not be accepted.
AN APPLICATION WHICH WILL NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS LISTED IN ‘Application’ and ‘Submission’ SUBTITLES ABOVE SHALL BE NULLIFIED.
Deadline All applications should reach the email addresses above by Friday 29th January 2021 at 2359hrs. Because of voluminous applications, we regret that we won’t reply to every applicant and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thus, consider yourself unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us in one week after application deadline.