Job Position: Volunteer field officer
Empowerment of Marginalized communities (EMAC Tanzania) is an NGO which was registered on April 2013. Its head offices are located at Kihonda Morogoro. Its vision is to see a society whereby all the marginalized and disadvantaged women and men are free of poverty; have equal opportunities and access to resources for development and participate fully in poverty eradication and decision making process. Its Mission is to promote the initiative of the marginalized and the disadvantaged women, youth and children to propose sustainable solution for social, economic, political and cultural challenges affecting their lives.
EMAC is seeking for a fervent, steadfast and skilled Project volunteer officer within Gairo to assist in advancing its mission through programs management. Preference shall be given to applicant who is currently residing in Gairo and willing to frequently visit to villages for awareness meeting on WASH activities. Additionally, preference also shall be given to applicant who can commit to work in the organization for a minimum of three (3) months and who demonstrate a strong commitment to the EMAC’s mission and readiness to work in rural areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist The Projects Department Officers and assistants in assessment on the progress of all activities implemented under this department.
- To assist the development and implementation of program work plans and strategies aligned with EMAC -Tanzania priorities.
- Ensure preparation and timely submission of field project reports to the project manager.
- Assist in preparation of progress reports and field work plans in collaboration with other staff to be used at monthly meetings.
- Conduct training to water users entities as per guideline provided by Emac
- Perform any other Operation duties as assigned by program manager and managing director of EMAC Tanzania.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree/diploma in social science/ community development studies, Rural development or any other related course
- Experience of not less than two (2) years in field works.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Interested in Community and rural development
- Report writing skills
- Excellent skills in use of Microsoft Excel and MS word
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Good command in English and Kiswahili
- Commitment to abide in E-mac Tanzania rules and regulations.
Mode of Application:
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send their applications before9th August 2018, enclosing cover letter, detailed CV, the names of at least two referees and their contact details.
email@example.com , cc Joykyando30@yahoo.com